Weekly Qbasic and Qb64 Lesson Topics
March 29, 2024, 03:15:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Want to see a specific Tutorial? ASK!

Home Help Search Arcade Links Staff List Login Register  

Batch File tutorial, I did not like

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Batch File tutorial, I did not like  (Read 230 times)
GarrisonRicketson
Admin
Administrator

« on: April 03, 2011, 12:54:26 pm »

Recently I responded to a post in yahoo answers, about opinions, on this batch file tutorial,  I had been thinking maybe to invite the person, to post  it in the DOS, categorys, how ever after looking at the tutorial  I did not think it would be
appropriate,  but  I am wondering if others agree,....
here is the drop box link, that was given me, I made a folder, called "batchfile tutorial", and unzipped to there, but after I looked at everything, I deleted the folder, and all its content.  The zip file is safe enough, but I did not like the direction, the writer is going, nor they type of "batch files" he is trying to tut, (teach)   I suspect you all will agree, but am interested in any opinions,..
here is the drop box link:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5080050/Batch%20File%20TUT/Command.zip
From Garry
P.S. I do want to add, anyone, that dose not understand how batch files work, and what they do, best not even download this, but certainly do not try running any of it,...
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

OlDosLover
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 01:59:57 pm »

Hi all,
    Well i'd like to see one that covers the windows native batch commands rather than a program that converts a batch to exe program. I also got some reservations as this could be used to make "fake virus's" that do malicious damage like formt your hard disk etc.
OlDosLover.
Report Spam   Logged
GarrisonRicketson
Admin
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 06:44:17 pm »

Hi all,
    Well i'd like to see one that covers the windows native batch commands rather than a program that converts a batch to exe program. I also got some reservations as this could be used to make "fake virus's" that do malicious damage like formt your hard disk etc.
OlDosLover.

Those were my feelings too, I had been hopeing for something more constructive, and that could open applications, or do some useful tasks,...Like "Clippys", if youve seen it, that , helps compile and save a qb64 exe in any directory,  there are some ideas I had, on useing batch files, but I don't know enough, and less on Windows Native Batch,...so when I saw his question asking if anyone was interested in a batch file tutorial, I responded, asking for a sample,...and was hopeing maybe to invite him to post a tutorial in the Dos section,...but after I saw the tutorial, and I sent him a e-mail (polite), saying the same,that it was not really the kind of batch files I was interested in learning, nor promoting.
   I also was some what disappointed that the one guy asking about the menus, and choices, never has even responded, maybe it was just for homework, but anyway on that, I did benifit from the Demos, and the thread that continues, on that, will be useful to others I am sure,...
 It would be a good addition to this forum, if we get some young people looking for help on home work, but hopefully they, would at least acknowledge that they used the sample, and say thank you, I don't mean doing the entire home work for them, but giveing them enough demo,so that they they can do the home work, and maybe understand a little more, as to how the code works, or for example post theyer , code, and if it needs some correction,we can help, so they turn in a good working demo, ...
guess that about it for now,...,
one last note, of course no one is obligated to help with someone elses home work, no problem, but  unless the poster says right up front, this is my home work, we do not know if it is home work, or just curiosity,wanting to learn, ..
 So I would try to be careful not to say or accuse someone, of simpley trying to get someone to do his home work, when we really don't know what the intentions are,...
 On the other hand, I would, and probley everyone, I would prefer if they are honest, and simple, say so, up front, Ie: This is my home work, and I don't have a clue as to how to do it,...can any one help ?...on my part I would still be willing to help, of course I can not speak for anyone else though.
 My reasoning, is sometimes, and I say this from experience,back when I was in school, some teachers are "lazy" too, they assign home work, with out giveing sufficient instruction, during class hours, for  the student to know how to do the home work, nor where to get the resources or info, to help,....So I guess it just to say we need to be careful about what we say ,when we do not know all the facts...and note I say we, ...this is not intended to target anyone ,...
well guess thats about it from
Garry
Report Spam   Logged

OlDosLover
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 01:19:59 am »

Hi all,
    Thats ok Garry. I dont mind if its homework. Acknowledgement is important. If he came here once we will probably see him again.
OlDosLover.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: