Weekly Qbasic and Qb64 Lesson Topics
April 19, 2024, 09:59:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Want to see a specific Tutorial? ASK!

Home Help Search Arcade Links Staff List Login Register  

QB64 Chat Program TCP/IP

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: QB64 Chat Program TCP/IP  (Read 4238 times)
GarrisonRicketson
Admin
Administrator

« on: April 22, 2011, 12:36:40 am »

Hi all,
    Check your firewall. My understanding is that windows blocks all port access unless it's in the approved list.
OlDosLover.

That was part, of it, I think I got that part worked out, but earlier to day, I tried with my lap top, as a server, and the comp at the internet cafe, and I completely shut off the firewall, but still nothing,..
Mat mentioned about routeing and a port number, but still had not explained,...But just now, earlier, when Dusty tried, I did get a "flash" on my screen, about someone trying to connect,..but I didn't get to it fast enough,...to see what it was... One time I was reading a step by step, on connecting 2 computers, useing a cross over cable, and for windows,...  but I never got thru the entire tut, it involved 37 steps, to get windows to allow that...they have made it incredibly complicated,...
 I guess with practice, a guy who installs and sets up networks, could run thru the 37 steps, in a couple of minuets or less,...but when you have to read each step, then look for the window,etc....That may be why it is takeing Mat so long to explain,...if he is writeing out a step ny step deal,...Any way it is late, I am closer, but also, I am starting to wonder, that, perhaps, the wireless, device, and this computer,. are not going to be able to handle this ... You are correct on the fire wall, and there is a list, to select what you want to allow or not allow, and this is where it is important to know what port numbers, also, it likes to have a name, Ie: I named the server Garry_server and it is allowed...
 Useing localhost, works great, but who likes to just talk to theyer self ?
   Guess that about it for now , thanks for the input OldsLover, and Dusty, We did end up haveing a good chat useing Mats... the pgram is good, the problem is entirely on my end, and me not knowing enough about windows...
from Garry
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: