Weekly Qbasic and Qb64 Lesson Topics
March 28, 2024, 03:03:32 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Want to see a specific Tutorial? ASK!

Home Help Search Arcade Links Staff List Login Register  

QB64 compared to VB (visual basic)

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: QB64 compared to VB (visual basic)  (Read 4540 times)
Quark
Post Demos

« on: June 16, 2011, 01:40:06 pm »

As OldDosLover says it is an interesting discussion.  My comment here is in reference to the issue of people asking questions when the information is available.  True, there are lots of people who are lazy, and there are lots of people who only use "asking a person" as their method of finding stuff out.  But I think it is true that programming has challenges built-in to it.  It is the taking of little pieces (of code) and stringing the pieces together in just the right way where there are LOTS of pieces and bunches of techniques and algorithms, etc.  Modern people are not into patience to say the least.  Anyway, one thing that would help is an easily accessed list of keywords by function on actual paper that the programmer can refer to.  I have looked on the web for such a thing for QB 4.5 with no luck, so I am slowly creating that myself.  The other thing that would be useful is a large set of of easily-searched examples for each keyword or keyword group (meaning like OPEN).  This would be fun for more advanced programmers to create.

--Quark
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: