Weekly Qbasic and Qb64 Lesson Topics
March 28, 2024, 03:11:01 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Want to see a specific Tutorial? ASK!

Home Help Search Arcade Links Staff List Login Register  

QB64 compared to VB (visual basic)

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: QB64 compared to VB (visual basic)  (Read 4539 times)
GarrisonRicketson
Admin
Administrator

« on: May 03, 2011, 12:22:28 am »

Garry the link provided enlightened me to an idea. Most schoolies need to do a "final" project. We here at QB64 should do a range of these common games (hangman,wheel of fortune,blackjack,yahtzee, slot machine ,etc). Perhaps if we all did a simple version of these common games ,  a newcomer could browse the finished examples and pick the style that they relate to. The only "rules" we should impose on these finished examples are that they work and be simple.
OlDosLover.  
Ok, I guess you did see that, as those were some of the other ideas,...I like the tetris, I had one in qbasic, but who knows where it is ? I can look for it and see, if it will work with qb64,...Dusty had a wheel of fortune posted here (I think) ?,I know I have it in my computer too ,I am not sure if it was Dusty, or it had been on qb64, Mr.Whys brother, (is Dusty his brother ? ), I don't remember off hand on that, but I know I saw a wheel of fortune, and it worked pretty good.
 but that would be neat, if you , and Unseen, Dusty, anyone else has the time,...as for me, I still don't know enough,..but I will look for the tetris,...I am pretty sure it will work on qb64, or I can handle anychages that need to be made to make it work,...but yes I like the idea, and they would be some good starting demos, for later on too,What we can do is start the thread here, and see what gets posted, then, later move them to Demos, or Just start a thread in Demos,..? I'll leave that to you ,...it is late and i need to get to bed,...If I can not find the tetris, I'll let you know,....
from Garry
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: