Weekly Qbasic and Qb64 Lesson Topics
April 20, 2024, 12:00:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Want to see a specific Tutorial? ASK!

Home Help Search Arcade Links Staff List Login Register  

QB64 compared to VB (visual basic)

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: QB64 compared to VB (visual basic)  (Read 4549 times)
Dustie Bear

« on: May 04, 2011, 08:45:21 pm »

Sorry Gary I wasn't offended. Also I modified that last post I made and removed the bold text
which I shouldn't have used in the first place.
  Also I want to point out that your programing is  coming along very well and you don't
have to apologize for speech or anything else.
 We all have some quirks in our lives. I walk kinda funny as I had polio as a kid, some folks think its funny the way I walk, especialy when im tired. But I don't care. I raised my family in spite of it all. God has been so good to me and my family over the years.

How would you test any code without copy & paste? Would you really re-write GDK from a post just to learn how it works?
Unseen,   When I started programing years ago, there was no such thing
as copy/paste and no windows either.   I got magazines with programs in them, maybe three or four programs in each monthly magazine pluss a lot of example code similar to what we see in the forums, some programs were pages and pages long. Yep I typed them out. if it was a game I was typing that made it fun to see the outcome, then of course I would make a few typos which would cause errors, so I had to trouble shoot till I found the errors if I had made any.  Thats how I learned to program.

Glad you liked the wheel of fortune game.  since I never had advanced math in school I did borrow some of the spinning part to rotate the wheel but I modified it a lot to make it
slow down and stop like a real wheel would. otherwise its all my code. I think some of the
math to make it rotate might be some of your code, I just don't remember.

Would you really re-write GDK from a post just to learn how it works?
If there was no other way to get it and I wanted it, yep I would type it in. Im not the greatest typer, maybe 30 or 35 words a minute not counting errors. LOL
By the way I do have a copy of your GDK on my computer. didnt type it though.  Grin

I agree some things can be accessed with the API, but there are some that can not be also because some depend on a windows envirenment. So it is still a bit limited.

With spring coming on here and yard work etc to do, I rather be outside doing stuff. When summer starts to get hot I will spend more time on here again.  So I dont have any projects going except I need to add to the maze maker I put up the other day. Need to make it search for a path form one place to another then it will show a green box or something for start and maybe red box where your suppose to exit.  Shouldnt be very hard but havent gotten to it yet.

I have a few programs over on the other  forum but cant remember which ones are there and which ones are here. LOL there are only a few.  Wish I had all the programs I had when I started. Had one in a castle and you had to search for various things  in order to please the king etc, then other things like keys etc in order to get into rooms and leave the castle. that was probably one of my first ones. then they got better as time went on.

Think I might have gotten a bit off topic there, sorry.

Dustie

« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 09:29:25 pm by Dustie Bear » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: