Weekly Qbasic and Qb64 Lesson Topics
March 28, 2024, 11:56:45 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Want to see a specific Tutorial? ASK!

Home Help Search Arcade Links Staff List Login Register  

GAMES anyone ?

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: GAMES anyone ?  (Read 1429 times)
calkiot
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2011, 09:14:40 pm »

I like the arcade idea for the forums, but we need some better games. Like the real "Asteroids",Space Invaders, not sure how it works but if you could add those it would give me somthing to do when coding brings me down.
Report Spam   Logged
GarrisonRicketson
Admin
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2011, 06:03:06 pm »

Ok, as you noticed there is a asteroids, I don't know if it is like the "real"versione,
   "Asteroids",Space Invaders,
And I am going to look on the space invaders,...SMF has a list, some 300 games, that is available, and that is it.
 However also, I am studieng on how to set it up where we could load, qb64 games, qbasic, or even ol dos games,...it is possible,but because this is a FreeHosting, and also my web site is free hosting, and it involves installing PHP scripts, I am not sure I will be able to,...so in the mean time we are stuck with what SMF offers.
 From Garry
Edited: Sorry, I did not find aany space invaders
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 06:22:23 pm by GarrisonRicketson » Report Spam   Logged

calkiot
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2011, 07:16:23 pm »

calkiot crys  Cry Thanks for looking. If it was possible to play games on this site that were made with qbasic, then that means we can run programs made in qbasic!!!
Report Spam   Logged
GarrisonRicketson
Admin
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2011, 08:40:31 pm »

http://weeklyqbasicandqb64lesson.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,222.0.html
The above is where I posted a list, feel free to request any from the list, but some don't work too,..
If it was possible to play games on this site that were made with qbasic, then that means we can run programs made in qbasic!!! 
Yes it is possible, but it is more of a case of haveing a host, and a place where the files are stored,...then it is simply a matter of "linking",....The first steps, needed are for me to upgrade my web site, to a paid service,: http://www.garryspages.webs.com
Then also upgradeing to the regular SMF,  like what is used at qb64.net
 Then I need to learn to work with the PHP/SQL scripts, which I am working on in the meantime,...So don't get too excited, it is not going to happen, in the near future, but maybe in the next 6 months - year ?
 I will have to admit, a biggest part of the problem, is because I refuse to get a credit card, so working out a method of paying webs.com, or another host/server is a obstacle. I would be open to sending the money by western union, if someone else had the means of makeing the payment with pay pal or credit card. But since it is internet,..finding someone that I could trust to do that is a problem, I think one of my brothers, could and would be willing, or perhaps my daughter, but I still have not approached them yet,... But anyway, yes it is in my plans, and something I am seriously working on.
from Garry
Edit: Also if anyone happens to come here and join that knows alot about Web codeing, (html,PHP,SQL, java, etc.) they could be a big help.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 11:15:48 pm by GarrisonRicketson » Report Spam   Logged

calkiot
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2011, 11:23:27 pm »

I used to be a HTML junkie. Might be able to help you out there. I started learning PHP a little while ago, but yeah I know someone.
Hes usually on this IRC channel
irc.mibbit.com = server
#qbasic = channel
fill free to join anytime.
Report Spam   Logged
GarrisonRicketson
Admin
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2012, 08:21:18 am »

A odd thing, for the first time this shows as a new post, evn though it was a year ago Huh
Don't remember reading it, and when I selected new posts, it appeared.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: