Weekly Qbasic and Qb64 Lesson Topics
April 19, 2024, 09:20:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Want to see a specific Tutorial? ASK!

Home Help Search Arcade Links Staff List Login Register  

Introduction Minifly

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Introduction Minifly  (Read 398 times)
659_minifly
« on: June 04, 2011, 10:10:36 pm »

Hello
I am an old French guy 63 in august.
 I first started to program in assembly for programming Numerical Contol based on 16 bit computer. Those programms
was only to help us for finding fault on the NC ( very short progs on the field we had a 16 switchs box for doing it )
In 78 i baught an HP41 for programming very powerful. And very quickly i baught a TRS80 ( THERESE ) i had to make overtime in belgium to buy it. And i started to use tlny basic wonderful for this time. In the same period the company i was working for ( Norvegian company ) was stopping to make NC  and then send me to DEC to learnt Fortran. In the same time they had a new product CAM programming on DEC for NC. So i have to take care of it. And teach customer to use it.It was very difficult cause the  peoples from the shop floor was very scare to use a keyboard. after i made post-processor for NC. I stop programming in 1996 until 2009. Has been very hard to start again.
 I am very please to use QB64. I doesn't care if others thinks is an" old langage" ( It is not. Proof UNSEEN who is making good progs ). I doesn't care is executable big we have or we will have big Hard disk.
what ennoy me is we cannot have Windows or button or combo etc...
 And there are very good peoples in the community . i feel not alone with QB64.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

GarrisonRicketson
Admin
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 10:47:54 pm »

Again, welcome Minifly,
 And thank you for introduceing your self, I did not realize you are French, I assume you are still liveing in France ? I imagen it was hard, if you stopped programing in 1996, til 2009,...similarly I dropped out of computers and internet in 98,...I had not really started programming even then, just learning the basics with Dos, and unix and when I started in again, in 2010 (more or less) things have changed alot,...I was surprised when I found computers no longer come, with installation disks, Dos, (as I knew it) no longer being used, etc.
 Anyway glad to have you here,.
from Garry

http://wittywittywhatisthat.freesmfhosting.com/index.php/
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: