Weekly Qbasic and Qb64 Lesson Topics
March 28, 2024, 11:47:03 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Want to see a specific Tutorial? ASK!

Home Help Search Arcade Links Staff List Login Register  

Tutorial Reader

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tutorial Reader  (Read 514 times)
Quark
Post Demos

« on: June 10, 2011, 06:56:13 pm »

I think it would be a good idea to create a Tutorial Reader which would, by its own impressive appearance and its robustness, act as an advertisement for the programming language.  I'm imagining the following:

-- Ease of use in selecting and viewing tutorials
-- Have at least some text-coloring ability to distinguish between code and commentary
-- Ability to follow the presentation of code with the running of the same code
-- have an ease of creating tutorials of modest length on specific topics that encourages many people to write or adapt tutorials
-- Ideally be perfected by continuous improvement by the community as a showpiece

The exe files of QB64 are a bit hefty, not easy to download a bunch of them.  Not sure how to deal with that...

Anyone think this might be a good idea?

--Quark

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

GarrisonRicketson
Admin
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011, 07:36:27 am »

It is a good idea,
 There is one that Clippy made, but it is for qbasic, and qb4.5,
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8440706/Q-Basics.zip
 He mentioned once, that one of these days he may add some stuff for qb64,
-- have an ease of creating tutorials of modest length on specific topics that encourages many people to write or adapt tutorials
-- Ideally be perfected by continuous improvement by the community as a showpiece   
It is lacking in some of these "features", but would be a good "model" (I think), I have never seen much interest from the "community" in improveing it or updateing it, Other then also CY ( I Think, ) came up with this too,
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8443610/helpviewer.zip
------------------------------------------------
Then there is the wiki, and OldDoslover had been doing a CHAM,
http://weeklyqbasicandqb64lesson.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,18.msg32.html#msg32
 -----------------------------------------
  At the moment we dont have that many tutorials and most of them are disconnected in nature.   

So these are like "pieces" that could be combined into a tutorial, all in one "manual" or "book" so to speak,..easy to say, as a idea, but I imagen not that easy to do,...but any ideas you have Quark  would be welcome, and it could be quite a showpiece,...
 And then there are some good onces, here, mostly related to game makeing,but like OldosLover says, they are all "disconnected", this dose make it hard to use them,...one thing I like in "clippys", is the program remembers what chapter you were on, when you close it, and when it starts again, it asks if you want to go to that chapter,..
all said and done ,anything that comes up in this, would be looked at with interest , I am sure, on my part for sure...
from Garry

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: