Weekly Qbasic and Qb64 Lesson Topics
April 18, 2024, 03:50:09 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Want to see a specific Tutorial? ASK!

Home Help Search Arcade Links Staff List Login Register  

[DISCUSSION] Very Simple Game engine

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: [DISCUSSION] Very Simple Game engine  (Read 1779 times)
GarrisonRicketson
Admin
Administrator

« on: July 01, 2011, 12:15:05 am »

Ok, thanks,..
  Well, I can not say I understand everything, but the most recent code seems to work well, and I see how it , can make "blocks",..as I did, I made a "box", with other blocks filed in on the inside, and all the blocks in the grid show the cooridinates,, so I have an idea of how it can be useful,..
I hit S, and it said saved, but I actually have not checked yet to see if a file was saved, I got side tracked,...My comparison, to "game maker", may be seem inappropriate, but not really, all though it is a entire program, it reall is esentially just a game engine, with lots of "tools",...much more complex, and I do not understand much about it (game maker),..these,(what you are demonstrateing)are Very Simple Game Engine, editors, I need to wait and see, I did not get any option, to name the file it saved, but I noticed in the code, where it saves the file, so I suppose one could modify that, to use a differnt name ? Or are you working on that ? I guess thats what I am trying to say, it may be a little early, to start asking any questions, on this...but thanks, you can be sure I will,...when I also, figure out how to word the specific questions,...I said a similar thing to Quark, ...at this point, I haven't really figured out the "wording" for some questions I have, on his presenter tut,...
Hope I make sense ?
And thanks,from Garry
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: