Weekly Qbasic and Qb64 Lesson Topics
April 19, 2024, 08:23:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Want to see a specific Tutorial? ASK!

Home Help Search Arcade Links Staff List Login Register  

[DISCUSSION] Very Simple Game engine

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: [DISCUSSION] Very Simple Game engine  (Read 1787 times)
nonexistant person
« on: July 08, 2011, 09:02:02 pm »

You will note in the  "CASE 0" line, I remarked both lines out, this was because, with that line it had a kind of olive green back ground, and I did not want that, I want the black back ground.
  In the "code "  thread, you mention as a reference, PacMan, and a ghost. Later I can make a data map, with a pac man and a ghost, and a maze,...
    Good! Now you see how i created this so if the user accepts my fixed limits he can modify it to suit what he wants. Yes you could make a pac man game with the engine. This is a building block that allows you to experiment. The fact that you remmed out the tile you dont like is good in the sense you must understand what it is you want to change and where it is that has to be changed. Which means that you understand it to do that! Once again this is positive feedback. Eventually when this program is outgrown by the user he woukd move up to the GDK and take his understanding with him.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 11:49:11 pm by GarrisonRicketson » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: