Weekly Qbasic and Qb64 Lesson Topics
March 28, 2024, 07:18:32 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Want to see a specific Tutorial? ASK!

Home Help Search Arcade Links Staff List Login Register  

VSGE - VerySimpleGameEngine

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: VSGE - VerySimpleGameEngine  (Read 1139 times)
GarrisonRicketson
Admin
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2011, 06:56:09 pm »

Any threads fine by me, I just thought it more approriate to discuss it here and keep that thread on topic and just for code, to many times I see threads ruined by a stream of silly replies by members, though it happens a lot less here.  Smiley

You should be one of the main ones making the engine, or at least saying what you want from it, and how you want to use it, we need your input for it to be a winner!

John
Ok Unseen, (John), Sorry to be so slow responding, not for lack of interest, but I did not have internet access for most of the week,
  Now I need to read up on this,  the main thing, on my part is that it starts out simple,..and this seems to be a problem I notice that a lot of beginners have,...
with not only other game engines, but even entire game makeing programs and software,...
 I think a good start, also would be to include a "introduction",  which explains exactly what a "game engine" is for, what one can do, and its limits,....ok obviously it is for makeing games,...but I think there is more ?,....
 One example, that "Game Maker" uses, to start is a ball, that moves randomly, and you try to "hit" it with the mouse ("click"), if you click it it bounces erraticly, and you get a point, it gradually starts moveing faster, as yu get better at hitting it,.....it is a real simple game to make,...It is good for starting cause it includes, adding a counter (points), collisions, and the increaseing speed,.....I guess in a way similar to "pong".
 Ok well I have some errands to do, I will check back later.Hope I make sense, it looks like you all have already done a lot of work on this,...so I need to "read up" on what you have so far, before I really say much.
 from Garry
Report Spam   Logged

GarrisonRicketson
Admin
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2011, 09:42:31 pm »

Hi all,
    Good on you for wanting to write some tutorials. Write them in plain text and email them to me. My email is the picture of the letter under my name on the left of my nick,
OlDosLover.

Right. Seems good. I've looked at the Game tutorials, and what would i need to do to add some tutorials?

Calkiot, You are welcome to post any tutorials you may come up with, there are going to be some changes made in this forum, hopefully for the better,...
 All I ask is that you be sure, any code you use works, if any is copyd or based on code by another author, make sure you have apropriate permisions,...and give credit where it is due,...If you do have any questions, you may post them, publicly, or if you prefer, PM me,...
from Garry (admin)
Report Spam   Logged

GarrisonRicketson
Admin
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2011, 10:39:14 pm »

Hi all,
    Thanks John. Im not going to redo GDK. Ill work people up to it for you and their sake. You are correct on the uper bound size. I only learnt that yesterday myself!. Im really pleased you get what im doing now. Its sorely needed. Think of Garry and Mrwhy and how they struggle. Its the ideas nor the keywords they dont understand.
OlDoslover.
I resent very much being compared to MR. Why,....
Unseen, every time I have shown any interest in GDK, Oldoslover, tells me I shouldn't use it , and not to use it, ...I was just looking at you tuturial for it last night,..And I wish I had studied it more,..back when I first started,...I noticed in your comments, about librarys, and makeing librarys,..Clippy taught you some on that,...Like wise, as I read more, and you explain about GDK useing librarys,...it occured to me, all the pieces of code I have written, and some that I have selected from other programs, can be used to build librarys,
for the programs, and type of programs, I am trying to make,...
 Any way, from now on I plan to take a closer look at GDK, and your tutorial,...
I have learned, that one needs to be careful, Here, he says he will try to get people to "work up to GDK", but instead, he sends them PMs, telling them not to use it, that it is too complicated, bla , bla bla,....
 Please, feel free to post more on GDK and useing it here , and of course, there is more on the qb64.net too....  http://www.qb64.net
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: