Weekly Qbasic and Qb64 Lesson Topics
March 28, 2024, 05:28:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Want to see a specific Tutorial? ASK!

Home Help Search Arcade Links Staff List Login Register  

This is Quark introducing himself

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: This is Quark introducing himself  (Read 386 times)
Quark
Post Demos

« on: June 10, 2011, 06:32:31 pm »

Hi all.

Interesting that several of the people here are "old guys" like me.  I'm ancient and remember when computers were monster machines ministered to by serious looking people in white coats.  I got into computing in the 1980's first by a Radio Shack device that was a programmable calculator.  I loved being able to make my own little programs to calculate what I wanted.  Then came the Commodore 64 and its BASIC.  That was quite a step up and very exciting.  I got so I was making lots of programs, and even sold some to a disk magazine.  Later, I had a Commodore 128, and finally got into the PC world.  This was a sort of shock because a lot of the fun was harder to find in such a "serious" machine.  No cool sound and not much in the way of graphics...

Anyway, in the course of time I have played with several programming languages, including a bit of C and a good chunk of a language not well known perhaps, but quite good called Euphoria (which is still alive and well).  It has more than a little connection to the BASIC world.  Still, when the urge to program came back to me recently, I thought of the language I first learned programming on -- BASIC and here I am.  Lots to remember and re-learn and new things too.

I have never been more than an intermediate level programmer, but like a lot of people at that level, have sometimes good ideas to share.  Also, I am not so much of a games person, more of a utilities programmer, though I have always been interested in artificial intelligence and have written a few things of that nature.  I especially like solving programming problems and have an aversion to having to solve the same problem over and over.

Enough!  That should do to introduce myself.

--Quark
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

GarrisonRicketson
Admin
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 06:49:10 pm »

Hello Quark,
 welcome, and glad to see you here. It sound like you will be a asset to the forum.
 I am probably the least experienced in programming here,
though I have always been interested in artificial intelligence and have written a few things of that nature.
I had stumbled on to a qbasic, "artificial intellingence", app.
 but not very complete, but this is interestng to my,...I will explain more later,
For now, just welcome,...and feel free to share anything you have done, or ask any questions Hope you enjoy it here.
from Garry
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: