Weekly Qbasic and Qb64 Lesson Topics
March 28, 2024, 01:30:26 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Want to see a specific Tutorial? ASK!

Home Help Search Arcade Links Staff List Login Register  

Q-Basic Chapt1

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Q-Basic Chapt1  (Read 1689 times)
GarrisonRicketson
Admin
Administrator

« on: July 12, 2011, 09:24:01 am »

Boy DID I EVER MESS UP ! Grin
 edit: added
 In the following thread, I got experimanting with linking to another site I am working, Also when I posted the .BAS from Q-Basics,...It couldn't work out like I had hoped,...So I removed it,... Among other things, and then I got busy with something else,...and anyway,..Probably I should just remove the entire topic,..
But I want to keep it for a while,...the links are very confuseing, I did not label them well,... You are welcome to try to follow it,..and still post anything, in this thread,.. if anyone wants,...but it is a lost cause,...Things got off topic, there practically is no lesson,..
 ---end edit----

This is the .bas file to q-basic chapt 1,....Theres are some real nice examples of codeing in this,..All though  much I don't understand,..The code is Written By "Clippy", (Ted Weisenburger)Smiley hope I spelled it right
I am not positive as to how this would work ,if one dose not have the entire q-basics.zip
 You can get the entire Q-basics.zip here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8440706/Q-Basics.zip
  It would be a interesting project to adapt this to qb64,...As far as creating a tutorial, or in my case, I am working on a learning program, for kids, that would start with ABCs, then Spelling, and some basic math,.. I would like to use a similar format.
 Edited: There was some problems, with the code running this way, because of images,and other files, that are needed, So it is best to get evreything in the q-basic.zip package,  The program is not intended to be run in pieces like this, or the way I had posted it,......
 If anyone needs help with any specific part of code, they can either post it here, or on qb64.net
 Although I do have some parts, working fine with qb64,.not all do. So I have removed all the code posted before.
-------------q-basics chapt 1---------------Discussion

From Garry

« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 08:41:36 pm by GarrisonRicketson » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

GarrisonRicketson
Admin
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 12:49:26 am »

Now I am replying to my own messages,...Anway, I wanted to post the code, in the chapt 1 of the q-basics.zip,..then later chapt 2, but as "clippy" pointed out there are a lot of images, etc,.....it all worked fine for me , on this computer, but that is cause I have all the images and files,...all in my qb64 dir.
 It is not so much about who wrote the program, but about, a example of what I think is a good "book like" program,...
 Something for qb64, done with qb64,.. Would in my opinion be a welcome addition to the tutorials, etc,...and also a excelent program that demonstarted qb64 can be used for something more then just games,..
from Garry

Report Spam   Logged

GarrisonRicketson
Admin
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 09:37:39 pm »

Since it is almost impossible to do this the way I thought I would,... I decided to take a different approach,..
This is my new approach   MY NEW APPROACH   This new aproach, links to the new site I am working on,...and the way I was planning to start doing weekly lessons,...This is still a "plan",...
  Below are some screen shots from Clippys Q-basics,...how it starts out,...

Then from here I am going to start a qb64 basics topics,...with the most basic things, a new person needs to learn, just to start,....The easiest and first command, PRINT

PRINT 
Code:
'copied from the wiki
PRINT CHR$(34); "Hello world!"; CHR$(34) ' adding quotation marks
PRINT 123 'demonstrates the positive leading space
a$ = "Hello country!": a = 321: b = -321
PRINT a$, a ' demonstrates comma in statement
PRINT a$; a ' demonstrates semicolon in statement
PRINT a$ + STR$(b) ' concatenation of string numerical values only
? "Hello city!" ' a ? changes to PRINT after moving cursor from the code line in IDE
Then here is some more on Print, my own code
Code:
PRINT "Hello WORLD"
         PRINT 3+3
         PRINT 9*9
         PRINT "there is many things that can be done just with Print" 
         PRINT " So look at the wiki, or ask any question here"       
from Garry
http://creativeminds.webege.com/phpBB3/index.php
Edited:, Note any of the color highlighted words, are links,..for those that can not figure that out,...
Edited:  Ok now I remember what I was doing,..I am sorry for the confusion. This all was at the same time, the problems started with the ex-admin,...He got all kinds of upset, when I started wanting to discuss code from Q-basics, by Ted (Clippy)...So any way, I hope to now, just go on with weekly lessons, useing any code and any tutorial, that is worthy,...Lets move on....
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 08:55:16 pm by GarrisonRicketson » Report Spam   Logged

GarrisonRicketson
Admin
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 11:51:45 pm »

Edited: I cut some text,not important, the link below, is to the new site, which also was strongly objected to by the ex-coadmin,....
 We will continue here,...If enough members look at the NewApproach, and like that bettter,...we can start building the weekly lessons there, that is what I would prefer, because it is add free, and also the PHPbb is faster,and easier to work with, for me,... I will post more on this in the General Discussion.
----------------------------end edit---------------------------------
MY NEW APPROACH
..it starts with some of the most basic commands, it will gradually work up into more advanced stuff, as I learn more,...for those that want to work on more advanced code, this forum and QB64.net     are your best options,...
 Theres are some real nice examples of codeing in this,..All though  much I don't understand,
This was to say, the code in "clippys" qbasics tut, is very well done, it works good, the program is complete, but out dated,..there is alot I don't understand because my knowledge of code is not that advanced, as to the lessons in the tutorial, they are easy to understand, and follow, if followed in order, obviuosly, if a beginner jumps up to chapter 12, and has not read and studied the previous chapters, they are not going to understand any of it,... But enough of that I am tired of wasteing my time trying to explain my reasons, or ideas,...I have various projects I am working on, and intend to finish them,....now I am working on chapter 2,...Hopefully tommorow chapter 3,...etc...
from Garry
Another Edit: Ok now I remember, the ex-co-admin,...I was trying to expalin to him, what I had in mind, I do not think he even read this, but anyway that is all past now...not relevant any more...
from Garry

« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 09:09:18 pm by GarrisonRicketson » Report Spam   Logged

Schmoo1980

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 07:31:11 am »

Garry,

Great work. I know I will learn some after you finish that project. Its looking quite well. Seems you have been busy with your projects lately. Haven't seen you post anything. If you have any issues please share and hopefully I or someone else can help.

Good luck and well wishes,

Schmoo
Report Spam   Logged
GarrisonRicketson
Admin
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 08:37:21 am »

NEW THREAD (click "new thread") to follow link,...Glad to see you here, schmoo,
  Great work. I know I will learn some after you finish that project.
Unforunately, I don't think it is something that will ever be "finished",  it will be ongoing,...I hope to come up with something that even some one that knows nothing about computers, can enjoy, and learn,...There are some really neat sites for kids,.but most are very commercial, and just "traps", to sell products, includeng software,..
 I will go into more detailes later, in the other thread (listed above), thanks for showing your interest, and stopping by, here.
from Garry
Report Spam   Logged

Schmoo1980

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2011, 06:09:12 pm »

Garry,

My kids love playing Kidzui (kidzui.com) and Wizard 101 (wizard101.com). Just as a couple of links of interest for kids.

Have fun,

Schmoo1980
Report Spam   Logged
GarrisonRicketson
Admin
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2011, 12:03:55 pm »

Ok , Thanks,
 I was just now trying to down load the above, for my kid.
from Garry
Report Spam   Logged

GarrisonRicketson
Admin
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2011, 09:22:15 pm »

I have this for any beginners, it is on this forum too, but this is on the new site:(New Approach)
http://creativeminds.webege.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7#p13 
 It is a real simple demo, more for qbasic, but it was done with qb64,..
from Garry
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: