Weekly Qbasic and Qb64 Lesson Topics
April 20, 2024, 06:40:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Want to see a specific Tutorial? ASK!

Home Help Search Arcade Links Staff List Login Register  

Announcement: Code Posted on a Public Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcement: Code Posted on a Public Forum  (Read 237 times)
GarrisonRicketson
Admin
Administrator

« on: September 05, 2011, 12:15:14 pm »

Most of you all probably realize this but for those that don't,
 This is a public forum, any code posted here, is available to the public,..anyone could copy it , post it else where or use it in a program, and even publicly that program. So I just want to warn anyone, if you "own" any code posted here, and don't want it shared publicly, you should not have posted it, or best not post it.
 This forum is not copyright protected,..so anyone could and can copy any part or post on this forum, and re post it on any website or forum, and I am not responsible for this, nor do I have the time to get caught up in any BS arguments over who is "owner" of specific code,..
 I and possibly others have used, or copied some of the lessons, and code posted here, to other sites, and I am not, nor do I have the time, to go looking at every site I have posted on to check and see whos code I copied or used. Uasually I do give acknowlegement to the author of any code , I use. How ever
 Lets use this as a simple example: Who "owns" this code ?
Code:
Screen 12
PRINT "Hello World"
Play " abcdefg"
I am sure many people have used it,...the code that works is often the only code that can be used, how can anyone claim to be the owner of it ?
 So my advice is if you do not want your code used on other sites, or by others, do not post it here, because once it is posted it becomes public domain. Unless you also include your copyright and ownership proof with it...then any one copying it would be violateing copy right laws.
Hope fully I do not get any more BS e-mail on this subject.
thank you from Garry
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 01:43:03 pm by GarrisonRicketson » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: