Weekly Qbasic and Qb64 Lesson Topics
March 18, 2024, 09:11:39 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Want to see a specific Tutorial? ASK!

Home Help Search Arcade Links Staff List Login Register  

Who Owns the code posted on this site ?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Who Owns the code posted on this site ?  (Read 400 times)
GarrisonRicketson
Admin
Administrator

« on: September 10, 2011, 05:13:08 pm »

Just a note:
All code posted on this forum, is open source,  no one "owns" it, Anyone may copy it, modify it, use it in anyway they want, includeing re-post it on any other sites.
 All though I own the site, I started it, the host SMF for Free
http://www.smfforfree.com actually "owns" the site.
 Most of the code posted is posted by the authors, some has been copied from other sources,..other code was posted ny past members.
 But no body "owns" it , it is here for the public as open source and anyone ,can do what they want with it,..
Thanks
From Garry (site owner, admin)
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

GarrisonRicketson
Admin
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 08:12:40 pm »

I would like to give credit to the many that have contributed , Unseen, CG, there is a game demo by,.Terry Richie,.. I have use some examples from Clippys tutorials,..and many more,...Since all the code started out as "lessons",..and was modified and changed, by various persons, includeing me,..it is impossible to say any one person owns any of the code posted.--- The only problem is there is a certain person, mentaly disturbed, trying to claim,he owns the code posted here, or some of it,..So I need to defend myself,...this is becomeing a major head ache for me, because, not only am I have to write long expalnations, they guy started ,..BS on qb64.net,..and I don't want to drag the problem onto another forum,..
 But truthfully, I was doing fine, learning a little code at a time, and starting different programs, Alot or most  of the program ideas posted here are mine,..and the first original code I wrote, then this other guy, would modify it claiming he was trying to help, teach me,...Eventually modifying and changeing everything I was starting to learn, into stuff that never got finished, much of the code simply dose not work,.. Eventually I got wise to what he was doing,..So now I am just starting all over,..The point is though he has no real grounds, to claim any of the code on this site is his "property",.. Yes it belongs to the site, but I am the site "founder" or owner,..I don't claim to have written most of the code posted,..but parts I did,..Others gave me "snippets" that I used,..it is a long story,..and I would prefer, to just move on, learning more new code, and finishing some of the "little programs" I started,...but the problems this guy (OLDDOSLOVER), is causeing me, a always getting in the way,..
 So now he has started , if I post some code asking for help, to "fix" it, on qb64.net, or anywhere,...spamming the post with his BS,... I am tired of it.
----------------------------------Anyway, I don't want to waste any more time on this,..from Garry
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: