Weekly Qbasic and Qb64 Lesson Topics
April 19, 2024, 08:30:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Want to see a specific Tutorial? ASK!

Home Help Search Arcade Links Staff List Login Register  

What are the benefits of QB64 Programming?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What are the benefits of QB64 Programming?  (Read 1011 times)
ChatKing
Post Demos

« on: November 24, 2011, 02:32:44 pm »

Hi, friends

I just want to know what are the benefits of QB64 or QBasic programming for me, as I am an unemployed person, what are the financial benefits of all this for me, can any body tell and help me. Please I am waiting for your replies.

Thanks.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

GarrisonRicketson
Admin
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 06:49:39 pm »

To be honest,..allthough qb64 is great for writeing programs,,games,..utilitys, pretty much anything your want,according to your, skill, and imagenation,... Being even a experienced programmer ,with qb64, is not likely to help you gain employment,.. One could possibley, create and write a game, or some utility, produce the execuatable, and make CDs, or DVDS, to sell,and or, also put them on a site for marketing and downloading,...The consumers, don't care, what you used to make the game ,or software (program), all they care about is if it is entertaining (game), and a program or utility,that functions well,.. I guess there is some "employment" or a work, for people that can write "customized" software to fit specific needs, for a buisness, or even private individual,..I have seen posts, from "programmers" on qb64.net, asking for help, because where they work is useing software, written with qbasic , or qb4.5, and they are trying to upgrade the systems,..to be more compatible with windows, and so they need to learn how to use qb64,..
 What I am trying to say, I think, is if you were serious about wanting to get employment as a programmer, yes it is good to be familiar with qbasic,qb64, but also you would need to be skilled and literate in other languages as well, IE: c++ , pascal, java,..and more, there are many, And the technology is advance so rapidly, one constantly needs to learn the newest, stuff. Just like doctors need to keep updated with the newest medicines, etc,..or sometimes older medicines turn out not to be so safe, the doctor needs to be up to date on these things,....
 QB64 by its self, I don't think would do you much good, unless, you were able to write a new game, that turned out to be so popular, that you were selling 1000s of copys,..as for utilitys,and other software, there are already so many available,..and many opensource, free,...I don't think there would be much chance,.. So you might think well why bother ?...qb64 is a good foundation to start,..Nobody, just wakes up one day, and "I am a programmer", do you have a job for me,..
 or "I am a game writer",..you need to be learn all the phases and methods, and then, also have something to show, "This is a game I wrote, do you want to buy it ? " or thes are some programs I wrote, and I can write one that suits your needs,..There, they don't really care how you wrote it,all they care about is, the product.
 Along with qb64, a valuble skill would be to learn enough about webdesign, to set up your own site, and then "market" your programs, or skills, useing the tools available, to let "the world" see you are available,.. At one time I was even willing to "pay" some one to write a simple game, I had the idea, but did not know how to do it, and wanted to have it (the game) in time to give my lid as a X-mas present,..I imagine, there are lots of people out there, that would pay, to have some kind of "custom" software, or game,..animation,..things that are not avilable on the market.
  Chatking, you have never mentioned your age,..if you are very young, I could say qb64, will help you get started, and the benifits, in learning it, are that it will help you understand whats going with more advance,complex languages, but I firmly believe,qb64 is versatile enough, that one could do alot,and most anything, with it, the thing is it is relatively,also new,..Galleon is constantly improveing it,.. OK well you could start with python, or c++, what ever, but then what would you do, if you get a client, and theyer factory is useing a network system, and the software they are useing is all written with qbasic, or qb64 ?...like wise, you might know evrything about qb64 and qbasic, but the client is useing a unix system, and all theyre software was written with pascal,..? Just knowing 1 language is not going to help getting employment, nor dose that mean qb64 is useless, or pascal is better, or ...guess thats about it,hope I make sense,..
 The same applies, to OS's,..yes most offices,etc are useing windows 7 now, and microsoft office, but many are use Linux, or unix,..others useing Macs,..so even just a secretary, by knowing how to use all these OS's, the editors, etc,..increases the chance of getting employment.
 So,ok well thats all I have on that, anyone else of course is welcome, to share more on this,..
from Garry
Report Spam   Logged

GarrisonRicketson
Admin
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 07:05:47 pm »

I forgot, but one big advantage, is QB64 is free, and with it, if one knows enough, they could use it to write, most any software utility the needed, or like wise, any game they wanted,..and not have to pay for it,..That goes back around to, with the proper knowledge and skill, you could create any utility,or program requested, and get payed for it,..But it will take a lot of work,on your part to learn enough, to be able to do that. Since qb64 is available, with the source code, as your skills improve, you can change, add too, customize qb64, to suit your specific needs,.. Since when could you do that with any "high dollar" commercial software, Microsoft, or others,..Windows is ok, but there are alot of things, I would change, and elimante,(not needed), ..if I had access to all the source code,..but there is no way, microsft will release that,...this is why I switched to Linux Mint,..
...which is much easier then trying to learn how to write my own OS,..combined with qb64,..I have all I need to do anything I would want to,..but still qb64 alone is sort of like just haveing 1 crecent wrench,..with other tools, things get easier,and the product can be better.
  from Garry

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: