Weekly Qbasic and Qb64 Lesson Topics
March 29, 2024, 06:16:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Want to see a specific Tutorial? ASK!

Home Help Search Arcade Links Staff List Login Register  

Love to write codes for Games

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Love to write codes for Games  (Read 621 times)
ChatKing
Post Demos

« on: November 30, 2011, 11:09:52 am »

Hi to all

Can any body tell me how can I start writing code for games and how can I learn about the game techniques in QB64?
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

GarrisonRicketson
Admin
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 08:07:10 am »

There is a lot involved in writeing a game, I can't say a whole lot, simpley because I still never have done one, enitirely on my own,...The multiplication, or math program I did, is about all I have ever done,...
-------------
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15387474/MathWithGame.zip
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15387474/Mathwithgame2.zip
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15387474/MATH4.zip
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15387474/MYmathFinalVer.zip
-----------------------
 Each one of these have some explanation, in the package, I think one is qbasic and just for DOS,...and the mathfinalver ,being the best one,..other then the one for dos, the rest are for windows, like wise, allthough I have compiled the one for Linux, I have not put it on dropbox.
-------------------------

However,..apart from the code,.. first one needs to think about, and have a good clear, description,of what the game will be, at least the basic idea of it.
 Not just "think" about it, but also write it out, in english, or what ever spoken language they use.
This would be like a outline,..it also or part can be used in the introduction, when the game is actually made.
 Once you have the "discription", written, and in a way this could be the most important part,..if the discription is well written, and clear, you now have something to start with.
 So you have the discription, you now are ready to start,  with some code, that will be the start of the game,..IE: a brief introduction, what the rules are,..etc,..
  Next,..( the exact order may not matter), but ok, your characters, and or objects, in the game,
 You will need to make images, (sprites), for these, or you can also search, and there are literally millions, available, for copying, on the interent,..especially if yu are makeing a "clone", of a already existing game,...this is a lot easier, then drawing the graphics from scratch,....
 So now you are ready to start writeing the code, that puts all the sprites, into action, and runs the game, --- So  you may think, but I don't know enough code,..but once you have a good clear idea as to how the game is going to be, and at least some sprites, etc,..You can start trying to learn what code, you need to learn, for specific funcions,etc,...this also, there is a good chance, if you find games similar to what you are doing, that have the source code, you may very well be able to use, the same code, or a script, modified to suit your needs,...
 Once you have a good discription, you then also have something you can "post",..and perhaps get others that know more on the code writeing, to help out,... They can't help much, if it is not very clear, as to what you are trying to do,.. In my game, "catch the rabbit",
------------------------
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15387474/GARRYSGAMEwithsound.rar 
The game in this link, the executable, should run ok,..in windows, I have not compiled a version for Linux, yet,..the source code,etc, might not be compileable, useing the newest version of qb64, there have been many changes made.  but anyway if you can use it,or want to add to it feel free,..

..it was pretty simple,.. the hawk, trys catch the rabbit, and carry it up to his nest,...but I had no clue as to how to accomplish this, ..I got about as far as, being able to make the hawk movemnets be controled with the arrowkeys,..and even that, I had posted, aksing help on,..and did get many good examples, of code, that controls "movements",...
 Of course, if you are thinking about a new game,original,..and hope to "sell" it,..then posting your idea, public on the internet, might not be so wise,..Somone, or a "company" that has several good programmers, could very well "grab" you idea, and produce a high quality, marketable game, in just a few short months,....
 So I would reccomend, study, and experiment, with various simple, "games",..until you know enough code, then you can do most or all of the code on your own, and when you game is ready, look into the means of putting it on the market.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 07:49:20 pm by GarrisonRicketson » Report Spam   Logged

ChatKing
Post Demos

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 02:20:44 pm »

Hi

Thanks Friend for your so good suggestions and help. I want to know about you more, please will you write to me on my email address, which is m_com_98@yahoo.com. I want to know about you my friend and want to share some ideas about learning and actually want to make a joint venture of developing our software. I would like to listen from you on this to my email.

Thanks
Report Spam   Logged
GarrisonRicketson
Admin
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 07:24:16 pm »

Ok , I have sent a e-mail,..
Report Spam   Logged

GarrisonRicketson
Admin
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 08:10:55 pm »

I also edited the original post, with links to down load, these game, and the math excersises if you want,...I think, as I said, the main thing with any program, or game, is to have a very well thought out "plan", or description (outline) of what it is going to do, and be about,..As to the code, there are many ways to get the code worked out,..But it would be impossible, to write any code, before you even know what it is you want the game,or program to do.
P.S.
 An better option then e-mail, if you want, is ,
CreativeMinds Forum Once you register, I can setup the category,and topic, to discuss these things,..but "private", (the public cannot see them),...It is better then this, because also, there is no advertisements,..I am confident in the "security", because, I have complete control over  the website and forum, this one SMF for free, is ok, but is some what limited,..by SMFforfree the owners of the "host site",...If you do have trouble registering, e-mail me, or post here,..and I will send you the username and password,by e-mail,..but you shouldn't have any trouble,..it is just that I do have it slightly more "protected" then this forum,..Guess thats about all  for now, from Garry,...
One last note, on the CreativeMinds,  in the not to far future, I am going to be upgradeing to a paid hosting plan,..but there won't be any problem, moveing the forum,..and keeping the same name,..This is not very much qb64 related,..but a little,..you will see where I have the qb64 category,..
The other creativeminds site ,in my signature,..is PHPbb3 powered, it also, is good, and probably the best place to read about me,..Both of these are more "private", this forum I am keeping "active", for the general public,...Sometimes it is a "real" chore though, allthough you very rarely will see any spam here, believe me, it is a daily task, keeping it out,..occasionly, one slips by, but I remove it as soon as I see it.
from Garry
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 08:14:40 pm by GarrisonRicketson » Report Spam   Logged

GarrisonRicketson
Admin
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 07:10:24 pm »

This game, written by Terrie Ritchie, is fun, but also, the source code is very well remarked and commented, you may find it useful, to study, for ideas on makeing your own,...
http://weeklyqbasicandqb64lesson.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,39.msg89.html#msg89 
---------------------------
DownLoad, SMEGABUG  the game.
From Garry
P.S. This is a good one too, for learning,...
http://weeklyqbasicandqb64lesson.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,300.0.html 
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 07:27:46 pm by GarrisonRicketson » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: