Weekly Qbasic and Qb64 Lesson Topics
March 28, 2024, 03:41:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Want to see a specific Tutorial? ASK!

Home Help Search Arcade Links Staff List Login Register  

Accounting Software

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Accounting Software  (Read 550 times)
ChatKing
Post Demos

« on: December 18, 2011, 04:13:08 am »

Hi friends and specially Garry.

Sorry my friend Garry, I couldn't reply to your email and the reason was I was busy in developing Accounting Software. Now I have completed its Version 1.00 and which is ready for use, I have tested it on different systems and it worked fine. Now, I want to sell this version 1 and the version 2 will be available with print out facility. The price of version 1.00 is only $10 and the buyer will get free version 2 free. This software is based on Double Entry Book Keeping. The user will only need to know the rules of Journal Entry the rest will be done by the software its self, like Preparation of Ledger Accounts, Trial Balance, Profit and Loss Account and Balance Sheet. Garry, my friend, I will soon send you a copy as gift for you. Please check it and if you have any suggestions, I will be very thankful to you.

contact me on m_com_98@yahoo.com.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

GarrisonRicketson
Admin
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 08:17:06 pm »

Chatking,
ok well, I was wondering on that  (e-mail) what had happened. Thats great on your program,
and Good Luck,.. when I get the copy, I will try it out as best I can since I am not familiar with, nor any book keeping for that matter,   Double Entry Book Keeping, and Journal Entry , not sure how much I can do, but I should at least be able see how it runs,  and I will post a "review", accordingly.
  You may want to think about starting a web site, where you can "promote" this, plus make it easily available, with pay-pal or something similar,so people can pay online ?
from Garry
Report Spam   Logged

ChatKing
Post Demos

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 03:03:38 pm »

Hi Garry, sorry bro, I have tried so many times to send you the copy but I get email sending failure, please give your email ID or tell me how can I send you the copy. I am waiting for your reply.

Thanks
Report Spam   Logged
GarrisonRicketson
Admin
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 06:47:29 pm »

ChatKing,
 Ok, I forgot about that,...I used to use yahoo, myself, and I tried sending some program, along time ago, and never could get it to except the File attachment,.. It needs to zipped, or as a .RAR archive, but I still had trouble sending one, apparently, anything with a executable , even zipped, gets "kicked" out or sent back,...
 Most people I know, programmers, are useing DROP BOX http://www.dropbox.com it is free , for a limited amount of space, I think 8gb, but don't remember, now,..then if one needs more space, they can get it ,but there is a fee, they also give more space as a bonus,..when you refer them to someone, (free).   Look at the info, they have, in the above link,..it is easy to set up, very secure,..and for what you are doing, you are going to need a site or way, for anyone that wants to purchase your program, or as in my case you wish to "share" it,..But any "customer" also is going to need a method to download it, "recieve" it,..and e-mail is not a very good method. I have never tried this, but makeing a ISO image, that can be "burned" onto a CD,.the ISO image file might be e-mailable,..some sites have them for downloads,..IE: Free Dos, comes a s a ISO image, to make the CD,..
  But the easiest I know of is with dropbox,..first you need to open your account,..they give easy to follow instructions, on this,..once you start your account, it is going to want to download, the dropbox software, for your computer,..all though you do not have to accept this, I reccomend it,
 It is self installing, it warns it will be makeing some minor changes, which are necessary,but I assure you the don't "harm" anything, all it dose, is make a DropBox directory, with the upload,and file mangement ,etc in it,..so it is identical to the folder/directory you have on the "website",...Once yu  have the drop box folder set up, any file you put into it, automaticly gets uploaded, to the same folder/directory,, there are various folders, one is named "public", that is the only folder that is available for public down load, the other folders are secure and private,..even the public folder, is secure, the person, needs to have the exact link, to acess it, so if you don't post the link publicly, no one would know, how to access the file, to download,..
the "link" can asily be included in a e-mail as a URL link,... Here is a link to a "program" I made, as a example,..you can just delete it after it downloads,if you want, or look at it,..it is QB64, but includes  a standalone exe,...
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15387474/MYmathFinalVer.zip
Like wise I could have just e-mailed you the link,..then you would download the file,once downloaded, and if everything works right, you, would send me a e-mail letting me know you downloded the program,and it is working, then I would remove it from the "public" folder (if I did not want it to be available,..) They, (DropBox) also have a "shared" folder,..this can be used to share files or a program, with a specific person only and not the general public,..
 I am thinking the more I try to explain, I may be makeing it sound real comlicated, but it is not,..
 SourceForge, http://www.sourceforge.org also has a file/program storeage/download system, but it is complicated, FreeDos uses it,..and I think it is more intended for "opensource",..
 There are also many other, download/storage sites,..but I really can't recomend any, occasionaly, on qb64.net and even here, some is useing, one of many, and so far, none have worked very well in my opinion,...DropBox is what most of the others at qb64.net use,..
 If you set up your own site, most hosts, do alllow and accomodate downloadable files, but from what I understand there is a higher risk, of the file ,especially a executable program getting "infected" with a virus,..DropBox has this very well protected,..
 Let me know if you have any more question,..
from Garry
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 06:52:04 pm by GarrisonRicketson » Report Spam   Logged

ChatKing
Post Demos

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 12:58:35 pm »

Hi Garry,

I have send you the link, please download the program. Thanks
Report Spam   Logged
GarrisonRicketson
Admin
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2011, 07:39:36 pm »

Hi Garry,

I have send you the link, please download the program. Thanks
Ok, thanks, I have not checked my e-mail yet, so I will just now,..Glad to see you got that set up,..I guess when I check the e-mail I will see what you did, so for now, that all
from garry
Report Spam   Logged

GarrisonRicketson
Admin
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2011, 08:57:03 pm »

The file downloaded just fine, and to see more about web design, etc,...
http://weeklyqbasicandqb64lesson.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,316.0.html
 I have not started any category here on this,..
from Garry
Report Spam   Logged

GarrisonRicketson
Admin
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2011, 10:12:16 pm »

ChatKing's Accounting Program (software), seems to work just fine,
As he mentions, the user should be knowledgeable with Journal ,Journal Entry and Double entry accounting methods,..
Google Journal Entry   
 So for anyone that knows about that, it would be useful,..
from Garry
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 10:14:03 pm by GarrisonRicketson » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: