Weekly Qbasic and Qb64 Lesson Topics
March 28, 2024, 07:48:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Want to see a specific Tutorial? ASK!

Home Help Search Arcade Links Staff List Login Register  

Attn: GUESTS ,Register ,and login to see everything

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Attn: GUESTS ,Register ,and login to see everything  (Read 554 times)
GarrisonRicketson
Admin
Administrator

« on: February 22, 2011, 06:49:33 am »

The actual weekly lessons, can only be seen if you are registered and logged in. And osme of the other topics.
This was a oversite on my part, but for now I am not going to change it.
Registration is free, no strings and easy.
Thanks from Garry (admin)
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

GarrisonRicketson
Admin
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 11:38:13 pm »

I would be interested, in the opinion on this, however that also requires registering, to post a opinion.
 I am thinking about changeing it so guests can view every thing, What is the opinion on this ?
from Garry
Report Spam   Logged

OlDosLover
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 03:23:37 am »

Hi all,
    Garry let them see everything BUT the Programs you are Proud of section and the weekly lessons. Heres some thoughts on PYAPO section

Proposal for "Programs you are Proud of" FORUM
GENERAL CONDITIONS
1] Have to be a registered member of our site
2] Must be QB64 orientated only programs
3] User must have composed the program himself
4] Posting makes the program open source and freeware
5] The poster must have made 10 posts minimum before gaining entry to this new forum board
(Number negotiable)
6] Some explanation and requirements and dependecies must be listed
7] If program uses a library or images or sound then those MUST be attached by dropbox only (no junk links!!)
8] Library can not be and EXE file
9] Poster must supply email for other users feedback with post.
10] *

REDUCED TO:
1] MUST be a registered member + be QB64 orientated only program
2] Poster must supply email for other users feedback with post.
3] Poster must "own" program + Posting makes the program open source and freeware
4] Some explanation and requirements and dependecies must be listed with dropbox only URL's
5] Poster must have made 10 minimum posts to gain access.
6] Any post deemed copyright or offensive will be removed by Admin without notice.
Mick
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 08:10:30 am by OlDosLover » Report Spam   Logged
GarrisonRicketson
Admin
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 10:35:21 pm »

Ok as it stands, right now, anyone dose need to be registered , to post,
And when they register, they are required to include a e-mail address,
I think this is suffeciant, Note, when you register, all though it requires a valid e-mail address, this stays private, and will not be released to public.
1] MUST be a registered member + be QB64 orientated only program
2] Poster must supply email for other users feedback with post.
----------------------------------------------------------------
On this, some people may not want to make theyer e-mail public, and I can understand,the reasons, "spammers",..get the e-mail address.....
 So I think it should be  recommended, but not a requirement. I am willing, as admin, I do have access, to the e-mail address, I or OlDoslover can contact them, also with PM (private message) option, readers can send
them a message. However I may add, if someone has registered, and they have used a false e-mail address,...they may be, removed as a member,thus also blocked from posting.and there is no way to notify them. Depending on the circumstances, what they have posted,etc...We can deal with this if and when a problem occurs. So I would prefer to leave this as a guideline,but voluntary,..of course we can change it at anytime if need be.
-------------------------
3] Poster must "own" program + Posting makes the program open source and freeware
4] Some explanation and requirements and dependecies must be listed with dropbox only URL's
----on 4, if they are useing , another reliable source, such as sourceforge.org, that should be ok, off hand I do not know of any others. Perhaps later we can make a list of acceptable, file manageing sites, but I agree with this,and if anyone is unsure, they can ask, about how to set up with dropbox, ---
----on 5, Access to what ?, this can be a catch 22, if they can't access the forum, until they have 5 posts, how do they post ?And I have run into this
on other forums, and the moderators never responded to my e-mails,so I gave it up,......on this I think I need more explanation, as to what is ment here.Another forum has a 5 posts neccessary, before one can include a URL in there post, and all that accomplised, is lots of people posting 5 irelevant posts, ...just to get the URL permission, -
------------------------
6] Any post deemed copyright or offensive will be removed by Admin without notice.
Mick
And 6 I agree, any posts, that we feel are inapproiate,...in some cases, we would first just advise the person, if they persist, they will be blocked, So I would add anyone whom is unsure, should e-mail either OlDosLover, or me,    first,as to if what they have in mind, if it is acceptable they are welcome to post.
 Shortly, based on these, we should make up a set of guidlines, and requirements, similar, ...in the mean time, for everyone these are good guidelines.
 Any newmembers, are welcome to comment on this thread too,...
P.S, Guests can now view every thing,...and with some thought, ok on the 5 post minimum, before access, to, "Programs you are Proud of", access being able to submit or post your program sample, or demo. That I can agree on,
I just  did not understand what was ment at first, the same could apply to Demos, actual lessons, or tutorials , on the tutorials, each author would have his or her "board" or place. The tutorial, being read only, and a comments, or questions, Topic, section, where others can post a question, or coment on the tutorial.
 I guess thats about it from me right now,...
from Garry
Report Spam   Logged

OlDosLover
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 12:50:04 pm »

----on 5, Access to what ?, this can be a catch 22, if they can't access the forum, until they have 5 posts, how do they post ?And I have run into this
on other forums, and the moderators never responded to my e-mails,so I gave it up,......on this I think I need more explanation, as to what is ment here.Another forum has a 5 posts neccessary, before one can include a URL in there post, and all that accomplised, is lots of people posting 5 irelevant posts, ...just to get the URL permission, -
    Its to encourage people to adopt this forum and not just come here to post there complete program.
I just  did not understand what was ment at first, the same could apply to Demos, actual lessons, or tutorials , on the tutorials, each author would have his or her "board" or place. The tutorial, being read only, and a comments, or questions, Topic, section, where others can post a question, or coment on the tutorial.
 I guess thats about it from me right now,...
These numbered point apply ONLY to the Programs You Are Proud of section. The rest of the forum do no run by these rules. These new rules apply only to this section. Stops people surfing here and gaining full access to completed programs. If they want that access then they have to join and contribute.
Mick.
Report Spam   Logged
OlDosLover
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011, 01:02:59 pm »

Hi all,
    Sent Unseen an email about hosting his library.
Mick
Report Spam   Logged
GarrisonRicketson
Admin
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2011, 01:43:45 pm »

Ok that sounds good, both about Unseen, and yes, after thinking about it more,
I realized, that  the number of posts, was for just the, Best Programs, it is not to hard, to do that, there is a config, when board/category is started, that allows for
giveing access, to specific persons only, and it is easy to add new names, as they come in...
 Hope Unseen says ok,..and guess thats about it.
from Garry
Report Spam   Logged

OlDosLover
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2011, 02:28:07 pm »

Hi all,
    I'll update when i got a reply.
OlDosLover.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: