Weekly Qbasic and Qb64 Lesson Topics
April 19, 2024, 12:09:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Want to see a specific Tutorial? ASK!

Home Help Search Arcade Links Staff List Login Register  

Problems registering ?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems registering ?  (Read 656 times)
GarrisonRicketson
Admin
Administrator

« on: February 24, 2011, 08:42:31 am »

Hello, I am very sorry about any problems registering, As soon as I get home tonight I am going to try to solve this,..for the mean time,

http://garryspages.webs.com/MYFORUM/MyForum.html
Please, leave a message, if you have any problem, here (above),..or you can e-mail me, GarryRicketson at yahoo.com
Thank you for your patience, and please do check back.
 You may also post at the above URL, and I will be happy to move the post to here, when the problem is solved. I am very sorry for the inconvienence
from Garry (admin)
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

OlDosLover
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 08:54:06 am »

Garry,
    I setup Mrwhy's account thru the admin. Im sure his permissions are only as regular and not admin. Can you check this please to make sure i did it correctly.
Mick
Report Spam   Logged
OlDosLover
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 12:53:40 pm »

Garry,
    Google this :qb64 lesson ,you will be plesantly surprised.
Mick.
Report Spam   Logged
GarrisonRicketson
Admin
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 06:32:16 pm »

Garry,
    I setup Mrwhy's account thru the admin. Im sure his permissions are only as regular and not admin. Can you check this please to make sure i did it correctly.
Mick

Ok, Yes I noticed that is another option, I am going to do the same for this other one too,...at the same time, I can check, on Mr.why.
 There had been a newmember, that had just been a spam poster, after I deleted him, this problem started, So I may have changed something..Any way, this is a priority, to fix this. I the mean time, anyone that wants to register still can, by contacting you or me by e-mail. Please note, they need to include a valid e-mail address, in theyer request, so  we can send them the Username, and password, the when they login, they can change these,if they wish.
from Garry
P.S. Again I apologize for the inconvinience,...
Report Spam   Logged

Jim Tester
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 10:21:38 pm »

Well , I never did or changed anything, but was able to register, just now.
 I did post in the support forum, one response had been, that a he had looked at it, and all the letters were showing in the captcha box. He also explained how I could test it. and seems to be working.
 After all said and done, if anyone else dose have a problem, and wants to register, just send a e-mail, includeing a valid e-mail addres, the user name you would like to use, and we can get you registered, so you can log in.
 GarryRicketson at yahoo.com
thanks from Garry (Jim Tester)
Report Spam   Logged
OlDosLover
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 11:31:40 pm »

Hi all,
    Oki. Thanks for trying Garry
OlDosLover
Report Spam   Logged
GarrisonRicketson
Admin
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 06:06:47 am »

Hi all,
    Oki. Thanks for trying Garry
OlDosLover

Well it seems to be working, we'll just have to see what happens, next time someone tries to register.
from Garry
Report Spam   Logged

OlDosLover
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2011, 06:13:00 am »

Hi all,
    Yep,oki.
Mick
Report Spam   Logged
GarrisonRicketson
Admin
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2011, 09:37:03 pm »

Garry,
    Google this :qb64 lesson ,you will be plesantly surprised.
Mick.

I did, yea, thats neat...How did that occur ?....if you prefer e-mail me on that....or do you know ?
from Garry
Report Spam   Logged

OlDosLover
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2011, 09:40:20 pm »

Hi all,
    My understanding is that every day google has "spiders" crawling the net , reading and referencing. I'd say our activity and others in searching for QB64 has led to this. If we keep posting things may even get better!
Mick.
Report Spam   Logged
GarrisonRicketson
Admin
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2011, 09:51:43 pm »

Actually, right now this is moveing pretty good (my connection), when I go back to work monday, I am going to try useing Google, on that computer, I may be narrowing down this speed problem, it may be related to the browser,...
 On the spiders, yea, I had read about that, in relation to html, and web sites, I had done some things, with searches, and also posting in other forums, they may have helped,...but thats good,...To much publicity,though, often attracts the spammers too,....but they can be delt with, ...
Ok well I need to go. We have company, so I need to be "social" and keep the wife happy !....
from Garry.
P.s.OldDoslover, I was just going to send a e-mail....in a few min.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: