Weekly Qbasic and Qb64 Lesson Topics
March 29, 2024, 03:20:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Want to see a specific Tutorial? ASK!

Home Help Search Arcade Links Staff List Login Register  

Is it possible to execute a BASIC program from a Windows batch file?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it possible to execute a BASIC program from a Windows batch file?  (Read 299 times)
wildgoose

« on: June 26, 2014, 10:40:52 am »

Hello.  I have a QBasic program that takes no user input at all - it simply reads a file line by line, does some string manipulation, and writes the output to a second file.  I would like to be able to run this program from a Windows 7 batch (.bat) file, without any manual intervention at all.  Will QB64 allow this, and would I have to make any changes to my QBasic program? It is a very simple program that doesn't used any "advanced" features of later BASIC versions.

Extra question:  In the file I am reading, part of a string is a date in the format YYYYMMDD (e.g. 20140624).  Is there any easy way to convert this to a long integer that represents the number of days since some specifc date in the past (for example a Julian date or Unix timestamp)?  I don't really care what the base date is, it just needs to be a count of days since some fixed date.  Then I can use that to determine the day of the week, which is what I really need (but as a number, not as a string, in other words 5 or 6 rather than "Fri" or "Friday").
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: