Weekly Qbasic and Qb64 Lesson Topics
March 28, 2024, 11:06:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Want to see a specific Tutorial? ASK!

Home Help Search Arcade Links Staff List Login Register  

Why Do you want to Learn Programing?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Do you want to Learn Programing?  (Read 529 times)
GarrisonRicketson
Admin
Administrator

« on: February 27, 2011, 11:05:41 am »

I started this, for  anyone that may want to tell about theyre reasons for wanting to learn programing.
 Then an additional thought, Why qbasic, or qb64, ? and not the more popular,
and more used C++, or others of the many languages.
 I do not have time to go into my reasons at this time, but anyway this is here for those that do.
from Garry
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 01:15:52 am by GarrisonRicketson » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

GarrisonRicketson
Admin
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 11:37:18 pm »

I do not have time to go into my reasons at this time, but anyway this is here for those that do.
from Garry 
  Originally, in about 1990, or so, when I started useing a computer for some ham radio (KB0KUZ,my call) experiments, I knew absolotely nothing, on computers, I picked up a older IBM, at the flea market, it had no boot disks, and  I did not know what that was,...I don't remember much about it, it just had for one of the old 5 1/2 inch floopys, I think it had 25 or 50 mb ,
don't remember the RAM, but not much, It gets into a long story, but at that time even software for ham radio, was limited, my goal was to use the computer to connect to a TerminalNodeControl (TNC), this is not a modem, but similar, the TNC connects the radio, to the computer,...then use the radio, one can connect to other radios, useing the same. Since very little software was available , I had to learn how to make the computer do what I want, useing batch files, mostly, ...later when I dscovered internet, I needed to learn some about UNIX, so I bought a book,...When they did not want to let me start a news group, that I wanted to start, I studied enough to figure out I could start the news group, on my own, I did not need any "permision", however out of politeness I sent a e-mail,to one of the persons involed in USENET at that time, explaining, I had figured out how to start the group,acess any mainframe computer, and put in the dir,etc,paths neccessary to make it accessable(my news group),to the public. His response was polite, but also, pleading, please don't do it that way, we will work with you and help you start your group.
 This is getting to long, later, much later, I got interested,in learning even more, so I got back into it, just recently, these last 2 years, qbasic seemed like the best place to start, as that is where I had left off, QBASIC, MsDOS,5.0 (i think) or 6.1, don't remember, because so much now a days depends on windows, or uses windows, grudgeingly, I started learning more on that, and it really is not so bad, after all, Theyer are lots of software, prgrams, available for many things, but very few suit my purposes, so I started thing that is my best route, learn how to make a program, or game, the way I want it, I am always grateful, to Bill Gates, Microsoft, Galleon an qb64, and many others, for helping develope the tools, programs, OS's that
 I need to , to do the things I want ,with my computer, all though windows is not perfect, nor DOS, nor any program, until I can do a better job, and write something better, I need to be content with what is available, so this is my goal, to learn enough to help, make better programs, maybe even a OS, So thats why I am trying to learn about programming,and I enjoy it.
from Garry
P.S. The only thing about Bill Gates, that I don't really like, is it dose seem like he trys to create sort of a monopoly, but thats a buisness technique and has nothing to do with programming. Before I started with qb64 I had a different attitude, and "hated" windows, but now I see that, in wanting to do more things, and as programs, and computers, become bigger and more complex, it is not that simple or easy, and the OS, and programs it runs, becomes a extremely comlex network, of instructions, commands, mathmatcal formulas, and makeing all those things work together, is not that easy, so I now have alot of respect, for Micrsoft, and the people invloved in creating what has been created so far, not just Microsoft, but also the many
developers, that put out freeware, share ware, etc, for people like me, that can not afford, most of the microsoft, software
For me allthough qbasic is, or was a good place to start. I don't want to limit myself, to just that, I want to learn more, so I can advance, into new, and better, things, IE:qb64, then there still is C+, and also others languages,...
And to learn how to not just limit myself to just, one, but how to combine all of them, to achieve my goals. I often feel like the best OS, would be one that can run, any program, written in any(known) language, but this may be a impossible task, also a "perfect" program would run on any OS,..or the best it could, Dos, dose limit what a program can do, QBasic is limited,
and so on, this is why the need to continue develope new and better, programs, OS's (operateing systems), to be able to handle the more complex demands of  programs, influenced by the more complex demands of the users, (public). Although my interest is more just for my needs.
 Guess thats about it from Garry
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 11:50:53 pm by GarrisonRicketson » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: