Weekly Qbasic and Qb64 Lesson Topics
April 20, 2024, 10:42:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Want to see a specific Tutorial? ASK!

Home Help Search Arcade Links Staff List Login Register  

Hi Guys,

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi Guys,  (Read 457 times)
Dustie Bear

« on: March 10, 2011, 09:29:07 pm »

Some of you know me from the the forum qb64

So im the new guy on the block I recon. Smiley

Glad you invited me Old Dos. Thanks

Been ready on here a bit, it looks pretty laid back and take it easy
style. look forward to trying program and maybe post a few of mine.

Just have to get used to the new ropes etc,   

your topics are a bit differant so I may post in a wrong topic sometime,
if I do dont shot me please,  Cool

Well, I guess this is my first post so I have  9 mor to go ?

Thanks again Old DOS, were still into QB64!

Dustie

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

OlDosLover
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 09:42:44 pm »

Hi Dustie,
    This is Garry's site and he wont tolerate any abuse. Im really pleased that you decided to join. I carnt wait untill your posts are up so that you can post ALL those good programs you wrote on the other site into our QB64Demo forum. I want to see them ALL there Dustie. Any questions , recommendations or comments please post and we will discuss.
OlDosLover.
Report Spam   Logged
GarrisonRicketson
Admin
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 01:50:39 am »

Welcome Dusty,
   Well, I guess this is my first post so I have  9 mor to go ?
Actually the number of posts, have not been put into effect, yet,...and that only will be applying to DEMOS that are supposedly working programs or working demos of somehing being developed.
 So for example if you are trying to do something with polygons, you can, post your code, and the qusetions you have on it,...Since I don't think we have any topics on polygons yet,...You can start a new topic,...Ie: Dusties Programs, or what ever you want , "my polygons", I don't know on that that wouldbe up to you,...Let me check,it is because I don't remember exactly all the categorys, etc, to well yet....I will modify this post shortly,...explaining where I think would be the best place to post yours,...I just took a quick look on qb64 at the posts there, and that was not called for,..But anyway, glad to see you here,...from Garry
I started a topic on polygons here :
http://weeklyqbasicandqb64lesson.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,72.0.html
 If you have other code that you want to share, or ask about, you can start the NEWTOPIC, with the appropriate name, I kinda just used polygons as a example,...
 And actually, I think the way DEMOS is at this point . you could post a DEMO, if you have some, just be sure, to start a NEWTOPIC, useing the appropriate name, relating to your DEMO,..Do not use the reply, to a different demo, to post yours, Hope I  make sense, you probably already know that anyway,...And thanks for looking at the guidelines,..,
Right now we are all new guys on the block, here....In the next week or so, There is going to be a QB64 DEMOS, started, and that is the one that will be restricted, to those that have 5, or 10 posts,...we have not exactly decided on that yet.
from Garry (getting to sleepy)
  And actually, I think the way DEMOS is at this point . you could post a DEMO, if you have some, just be sure, to start a NEWTOPIC, useing the appropriate name, relating to your DEMO,..
I apologize, at this time Demos, is read only , no one except admin can post there....but as mentioned feel free to post in General Forum, and anywhere else, that feel is appropiate, if you don't see the reply, and or the newtopic options, it is cause they are read only. Post a request here,..
As soon as I figure out the best way to set your permissions, I will open that up for you,..maybe later tonight
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 04:24:16 pm by GarrisonRicketson » Report Spam   Logged

Dustie Bear

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 08:35:26 am »

Hi Garrison

Thanks for the warm welcome,

Yes I am a bit confussed about where to post, Did you mean to put the poly prog
in the topic you started , if so I can do that. or start a new topic in the weekly Lessons?
which do you prefer.  I dont mind, I just want to do it right  Wink

Till I had joined the other group I had never been on a forum before so this is still a
bit new to me. 

So glad Old Dos lead  me to your forum, I like peice and quiet, And just to
plain have fun with the new QB64.   

Old Dos, I will do my best to not  stir up any wavs while cruising around near where the fishermen are.  Grin
Dustie

« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 04:56:01 pm by Dustie Bear » Report Spam   Logged
GarrisonRicketson
Admin
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 03:00:30 pm »

Hi Garrison

Thanks for the warm welcome,

Yes I am a bit confussed about where to post, Did you mean to put the poly prog
in the topic you started , if so I can do that. or start a new topic in the weekly Lessons?
which do you prefer.  I dont mind, I just want to do it right  Wink
Till I had joined the other group I had never been on a forum before so this is still a
bit new to me. 
So glad Old Dos lead  me to your forum, I like peice and quiet, And just to
plain have fun with the new QB64.   
Dustie
Again I apologize, on it seeming confuseing as to where to post,...
I started the newtopic, for the polygon, as a example, and see you posted one, ...yu or anyone can keep adding to that,...if it is for something else,
Ie:ARRAYS,...one would start a thread (newtopic) for arrays...Misc, general stuff, or when not sure,...this is the place, in the general forum...
 My experience, with other forums, is, if they established, and have been there for sometime, it is pretty clear, where to post what, just looking at what everyone else is doing, but on a new forum, it can be confuseing, because no set pattern has developed yet, you can help shape this forum, with where yu post, by asking first, etc, these are examples others, hopefully follow...Thanks.. I see you already have 11 posts...I am going to try something, and see you should be able to post in Demos, now...(shortly)
from Garry
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 04:27:22 pm by GarrisonRicketson » Report Spam   Logged

Dustie Bear

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2011, 04:53:33 pm »

Thanks,

Should I refer to you as Garry or  Garison

anyway You exlaination helped a lot,

While we are on the subject, I have a Slider  program that uses QB64 like
_PRINTSTRING and several other commands. It makes three slider bars
to change RGB colors. it could be adapted  to change volumn controls
or many other things a person has need for.

Where should I put that one please,

And you dont have to appoligize,  This is new territory building a site like this one.
I doubt I could come close to making one .

Dustie

Report Spam   Logged
OlDosLover
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2011, 06:20:28 pm »

Hi all,
    Dustie post all ya finished programs into the QB64 demo section. You has quiet a few at the other site,. I'd like to see them ALL on this site too, as they were good programs. Im sure they will help lots people.
OlDosLover.
Report Spam   Logged
Dustie Bear

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2011, 07:53:27 pm »

Thanks OldDosLover

I will get  at it soon

Dustie

Report Spam   Logged
OlDosLover
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2011, 08:00:19 pm »

Hi all,
    Take your time if you wish , we are laid back here and dont rely on pompt or ceremony. I mean i find your programs valuable and im sure other will benefiet. They deserve a good home like here.
OlDosLover.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: